Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mood Fabric, Here We Come!

     A group of us decided to foray into Los Angeles for a field trip to Mood, a fabric store in L.A.  You may be familiar with it - the New York store is the fabric playground for the contestants on the show "Project Runway".
     Mood had a wonderful selection of quality fabrics.  While you probably won't find Swiss batiste or voile, they have many cottons, silks, and wools, as well as leathers and other specialty fabrics.  They had a wonderful collection of Ralph Lauren wools the day that we were there.

     They also have some beautiful silks that are wove for ties.  They are not quite as wide - 27" and 36", but some gorgeous prints and stripes.  You can see here they also have some different trims that can add a bit of pizzazz to your garment.
     Here are some of the silks.  The store has silks on the left, wools in the center and cottons on the right, and then the fancy embroidered fabrics are towards the front.

     More and more fabric!  Make sure you do not come for 'just a minute'!  As all of you fabricholics know, you have to touch and feel, and there is plenty to feed your stach here.

     Button, button, who had the button?  Plenty to choose from here!

     Happy shoppers!  Lisa Shepherd, Elaine Daly, Roseann Saldinger and Elisa Centera (I have the camera).  Youcan also see the nice display of ribbon in the background, along with the feather boas.  A wonderful place to have a play date!

      This was one stop on our trip - I will save our other stop for another day.  Needless to say, I have added more fabric to my stash and have lots of ideas spinning in my brain.  If you are going to be in the LA area, let me know and I will give you address and directions.
Happy stitching,
Vaune

5 comments:

  1. Now that is my kind of field trip! Nothing better than friends and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the hours and hours I could loose there! That looks like a wonderful place to stir those creative dreams!

    Even better is to have good friends to share the all the fun with and to bounce ideas off of!

    Our town has one national chain fabric store and a 2 quilt shops, nice but not exactly a fabricapolooza!

    Quality fabric shopping, with my sisters (from out of state)--just one of the reasons I am counting down the days to the Puyallup Sewing Expo in March! See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to do the trip for SAGA this year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard rumers of a trip after convention...I will have to see. October seems so far away, but I know it is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete